Announcement - Releases notices will be moving to my website at Ritsuki.cyou

Hello everyone. 
I'll get straight to the point:

I will not be using blogspot anymore, and will post updates on my self-hosted website here: 

Ritsuki.cyou

The reason is, even though Blogspot is free, as it's also a Google product, we can never be sure that it will not be safe from the "surprise, motherf*cker!!!" shut-down that Google usually do to everything.

Edit 2020-Aug-16: See, when K*ssmanga and Kiss*nime was taken down around yesterday, some people revealed that they hosted their files on Blogspot or Google's server, and then some entities make a strike, and because it's not on their own servers (and without any backups), everything is lost, and Google deleted everything-- I assume they didn't get the strike directly, but their files is no more, and they gave up. Not that I ever liked those two websites, they are full of ads, captcha, blocking IP addresses arbitrarily, plus knowingly removing translators' credits page, and some people even confirmed that they took even the official release of some stuff and put them on their websites! So, I guess it's just a ticking time bomb. Maybe the deserved it. I don't even know it they put malware or hijacking users' computer as a cryptocurrency miner or something.
They should've been making a lot, I mean like, A LOT of money from the ads, because they will block access for anyone using ad blocker, and they hosted the huge files not on their own servers. Servers for that kind of storage for millions of manga chapters and anime video files cost A LOT, but by not hosting those files themselves, they only need to pay for the main website, and maybe, also administrators and moderators-- a huge income for a lot less expenses. Yes, I think they are not an angel at all, though I'm thankful as they did help people to read stuff they like, and exposing them to Japanese contents all these years. (I've used their website a long, long time ago, and the ads is what drives me off of the sites.)

Also, as what I'm doing is in the grey area in terms of legality, I have chosen to host it myself in an off-shore host that I've already been paying since 2018. I just needed to buy a new domain, so I bought the domain with the "cyou" TLD because it was cheap, at $3.99 renewal cost (and $1.29 for the first year and registration).

I hope being hosted in a country that ignores DMCA can increase my safety, though I will still comply with DMCA/Takedown request if it is requested by its rights owners (or their representatives).

Thank you for your understanding!
If there's anything you wanted to tell me, please comment on my website, or you can contact me on Patreon, Ko-Fi, Email, or Twitter.

Again, thank you!!!

-Ritsuki 麗月

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Otonari Voice Chat - Ch.1 - English Translation Release

Otonari Voice Chat - Ch.06 - English Translation Release

Otonari Voice Chat - Chapter 08 - English Translation Release